Blueberry Pancakes for Breakfast! :3
Guess what I made this morning! (Well, that's pretty obvious since it's right there in the title.) That's right! Blueberry pancakes! Yum! I made them from scratch, as usual, and they turned out fabulously, as usual! :P
- 3/4 cup milk (I used almond milk, but soy, rice, whole, 2%, skim, etc. are fine)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (this recipe calls for white vinegar, but I used apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I used granulated, but brown or white sugar or even honey or agave can be used too, or probably even maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch--1/2 teaspoon salt (sea salt, kosher salt, you name it)
- 1 egg (can easily be substituted with egg whites or egg substitute)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (I guess oil could be used as a substitute)
- 2 tablespoons kefir or yogurt or more milk (optional; I added to increase liquidity of mixture)
- 2 teaspoons of chai seeds (optional)
- 1-2 cup blueberries (or any other fruit to your liking)
- Butter, cooking spray, or oil
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients (or vice-versa) and mix until lumps are gone.
- Add kefir/yogurt/more milk if desired, along with chai seeds.
- Incorporate blueberries into mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with butter, cooking spray, or oil.
- Pour batter onto the hot skillet (I used a ladle), and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.