Yesterday's Package

Guess what came yesterday in the mail? That's right, my Nintendo 3DS!! Yay!! I love it!! But too bad my Animal Crossing: New Leaf still hasn't come yet (hopefully it'll come this afternoon!), so right now I'm stuck playing old DS games. The 3DS reminds me a lot of the Wii, how it has all the channels and such. I love how it has a web browser. And the feature that adds people to your parade whenever you pass by them in the streets (I haven't gone outside yet with mine, but I'm looking forward to meeting other gamers!)



As you can see I got the black version (doesn't it kind of look like it has a frog face with a beauty mark next to it's eye? lol.), but I would have gotten the cobalt blue if I had known it was an option (it wasn't available on Amazon sadly...). Regardless, I still love the color I picked out, especially how it has a gradient effect! I must say that I didn't expect much from the cameras, I figured it'd be like the Nintendo DSi one, but I was hoping it would be slightly better, but from the looks of it it isn't; the quality is still crappy, just like how the Apple iPod touch 3G ones are. But it's still pretty cool how you can photograph in 3-D.

I'm still not completely sure what the whole steps and points are. You can earn up to 10 points a day depending on how many steps you take, but what do these points go towards? Like what can I use them for? I'm pretty sure it's used under the parade channel to unlock more puzzle pieces and such? Idk.  But I'll eventually figure it out.


Anyway, if you have any doubts about buying a Nintendo 3DS, you shouldn't. It's totally worth the $169 on Amazon (that awkward moment when it's now $174..., check different colors cause the prices vary). It's cheap, so why not? You can still play your older DS games, but sadly none of the previous modeled games (no SP, Advanced, Color, etc.) unless you buy it digitally off of the Nintendo eShop Channel (yes, I bought the Gameboy Color version of The Legend of Zelda: Oracles of Seasons from there).

I find it strange that the headphones are dead in the center where the Advanced, etc. game slot was and that the keychain loops are at the bottom instead of the top (this time there's two instead of one). I love how it has an SD drive, now you don't have to worry about running out of memory (not that I ever did with my Lite since it was just games I saved onto). It automatically comes with a 2GB Samsung SD card (well, at least mine did, and why Samsung?...), so I wonder how long only 2GB will last me? The only minor issue I have with the Nintendo 3DS is that the stylus is kind of hard to get out of the back, but once out, it's totally fine. I just love how it's retractable, but I must be careful not to lose it since it didn't come with any spares. If you're pondering whether or not to get a Nintendo 3DS, hesitate no more. I totally recommend it guys!! :D

Comments

Popular Posts